Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ruth's Glory Story

In my post last week, titled "A Kiss From God,"  I put out a request for "Glory Stories" from other Warrior Princess Sisters.  Today I received a "Glory Story" from Ruth.  I hope you are as blessed by her story as I was, and that you will all give glory to God for what He did for Ruth. 

We would love to hear one of your Glory Stories too, so send them to my email, or post them as a comment.  Nothing (not even comments) gets posted until I read and post them.  All comments go directly to my email first.  So if you want me to edit your story before posting it, I will be happy to do that.  That seems to be what most of you are concerned about, your writing ability.  But what I have to say in regard to the "I don't think I'm a good writer" excuse, is that it's not about you.  It's about giving glory to God.  I think giving glory to God is the focus of most of the readers on this blog, so don't worry about your ability.  He is able to use your story to encourage others and bring glory to Himself, so share from your heart and give Him the GLORY.

Sole Deo Gloria,
WP Stacey


Warrior Princess Ruth's Glory Story

After 17 years of marriage, my husband decided that he wanted out so he could pursue other relationships. We had drifted so far away from God at that point, I wasn't sure God would even remember who I was. As soon as my husband made the decision to move out, I made the decision to go back to Christ Community Church and put God first in my life. That decision brought some wonderful mentors into my life. Jennifer Beauchamp was the mentor who came along side me during my first summer separated, mentoring me and doing a relationship and boundaries Bible study with me. God definitely orchestrated that relationship and has used it to draw me closer to Him.

My big "glory" moment is really a peace and comfort moment. I need to preface this story with the fact that I am horrible, absolutely horrible, at Scripture memorization.

My soon-to-be ex-husband had scheduled our court date. Since he filed, I technically did not need to be in court, but I felt this overwhelming need be there as the gavel descended on our marriage. All day I felt sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears. I had no idea how I was going to survive as a single parent. I only worked part-time in my own bookkeeping business since I primarily took care of our children. I had no idea how I was going to juggle the added work I would need to take on in order to make ends meet. My family lives in Chicago so I had no family support system to lean on.

As the judge called him up to question him and then approve the divorce, the sadness was overwhelming. At that point I heard an audible voice say, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you. Plans to give you a hope and a future". It was so loud and clear that I looked to my right thinking the person sitting next to me had said it to me. He was turned away from me and speaking in Spanish to the person next to him. At that moment, I knew God had spoken words of comfort and assurance to me. I felt a peace wash over me. I still felt great sadness, but it wasn't overwhelming. It was a distinct feeling of having His arms around me. I realized that I had been abandoned by my husband, I had abandoned God, but God had NEVER abandoned me. He was waiting for me. Waiting for the moment I would feel Him like I had never felt Him before.

It's been a long journey these past 8 years. God chose to bring me healing (still ongoing) through wonderful, Christian counseling. And He chose to bring me Kevin who is a godly man who loves me, loves my boys and above all else, loves the Lord. It is so evident in his life. He's been a wonderful support and encouragement to me and to my boys.

WP Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment