Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

WP Sarah wrote quite a different Glory Story.  I hope you are encouraged by Sarah's post today to look at whatever circumstances you are facing and see what God might really be doing in your circumstances like Sarah did today.  How amazing that our God takes such awful circumstances and answers our prayers in ways unexpected.  Sarah, thank you for sharing!  I am sure many Warrior Princesses will be praising God with you at His revelation of the wolf in your midst, and praying for a wonderful replacement.

Sole Deo Gloria!
WP Stacey

Sarah's Story - A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

So I have spent my day in shock, crying and trying to come to terms with what has happened. I'm assuming you've seen the news about a young mother who left her daughter and husband to run to Miami with her lover. This woman committed adultery, abandoned her daughter, and husband, and sent a community into shock as they searched for her and prayed for her safe return. So how does this affect me a committed mom devoted to my husband and children. Well, a relative of this woman was in my employment to work with my special needs son. Her aunt called me to cancel working with my son on Thursday which I graciously accepted. Friday I recieved an email from this aunt stating I could"fire her if I wanted" for not showing up. Of course considering there was a family emergency I was not going to do this. However through our communication I offended the aunt when I challenged that she was punishing my family for what her niece did.

Today this aunt showed up, to work with my son, in an emotional, angry, rant. I suggested if she were that upset she should probably leave. For the next fifteen minutes I listened to this woman verbally destroy my character, and defend this wicked niece of hers. She said I had no compassion. Now this aunt has worked for my son for over a year and a half. NEVER in that time have I even heard her raise her voice. I was in complete shock to hear her rage at me. She left my house and sent some completely opposite texts. Stating she could come pick up my son and take him to therapy and so on. It was really scary that she could flip-flop like that.  So my husband took a witness with him and spoke with her and her husband this evening. She showed up late, laughed mockingly in my husband's face when she got there, and then raged at him as well. Her husband acted like it was completely normal.

So why am I sharing this? Well, I read Stacey's blog and realized I needed to choose to rejoice. Then God reminded me that I have been praying that He would remove those that are around my husband, myself, and my family that would do us harm. Then I scrolled down through Stacey's previous blogs and read the verse about are you surprised when these things happen? Well, quite frankly, Yes, I was very surprised. Now however I realize I shouldn't have been. We open our hearts, our home, our lives to strangers on a day to day basis. These strangers are in my home nearly 100 hours per week. God removed someone who could have done harm to us. I was shocked that this person was a wolf in sheep's clothing, and I had trusted her with the well being of my family.

I choose now to praise God that we had this eye-opening experience. I choose to trust Him. I am choosing to not be afraid. I am praising God that he has protected my family. I choose to NOT listen to the enemy that stood in my home this day and taunted me to curse the Lord. I cannot wait to see what God will do.


May the truth be revealed in Glory.

May God who IS, be my ALL.

Living in Expectation of Miracles!

WP Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment