Friday, June 25, 2010

News on Morgan's Surgery Today

Thank you for your prayers for Morgan today. Her surgery went really well. It took the full 3 ½ hours but there were no complications. Thank You, God!  She woke easily from the anesthesia and was chattering away with the nurses when we finally got to see her. She did great at first. They hooked her up to the morphine pump and she was using it but then the pain started increasing. It got to be so bad that she was in tears and my husband called the nurse and the hospital pediatrician came in to see her. The pediatrician read the surgeon’s notes and realized that while the nurse had administered the morphine, she had not given Morgan the other pain killer he prescribed nor the anti-inflammatory. Once they got those in her the pain reduced but then she got nauseous so they had to give her something for that too. My husband is staying at the hospital with her tonight and we are hopeful that once everything is in her system properly that the pain and nausea will subside and that she will be able to work with the physical therapist tomorrow and begin to use the crutches.

I am so thankful for how well the surgery went and that in spite of the glitch with her pain meds that things will go well tonight and tomorrow. I totally had a peace about everything this morning even though I had an upset stomach and a few other signs of stress. It occurred to me that even though I can’t control how my body responds to the stress, I could control my thoughts and keep going to my Father in prayer. Even though it was stressful, I feel like the Lord had the victory in me today. Thank Father for Your victory and for all of your people who held us up in prayer today!

Sole Deo Gloria,
WP Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment