Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Is His Grace Really Enough?

II Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

This verse used to bother me. I mean, I don't want to just get by and that is how I saw the "My grace is sufficient..." part. You know, I will give you what you need to make it through this (get by). But then I decided to do a little search on what sufficient actually means, because I really don't want to just get by.  Sufficient means:

  •  to be possessed of unfailing strength
  •  to be strong, to suffice, to be enough
  •  to defend, ward off
  •  to be satisfied, to be contented

See? It's not just getting by with the bare minimum, it is unfailing strength. And I have to think that when God gives us "enough" it's not just getting by, but a FILLING. I mean, to be satisfied is not just having a taste of something when you are hungry, it fills the hunger. The cool thing is that it is HIS unfailing strength, HIS sufficiency, HE is the defender, HE wards off, He satisfies, etc.  Again, I was thinking in such limited, human terms instead of the truth of how big God is and how complete He is.  Thank You, Father, that it all comes fromYou.
Sole Deo Gloria!

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment